Web design companies tend to be the new trend in the leading market success, with several dozen appearing in the Toronto area only. And, since competition is hard, you should know what to look for when appealing for Toronto graphic design. Remember, big web design companies can charge you a lot and deliver the same results as smaller companies, but which are more client orientated than profit oriented. This is why it is always better to appeal to a company that share the same values as your own, provides an approved vision and meats its online objectives within the established budget. Read down to find the perfect web design solutions for you:
- Limit the number of fonts used. The number one rule in web designing is to make sure your text is readable, in any type or font. However, you should avoid choosing different styles for headlines and subhead lines as they make the overall text heavier to read, thus, unappealing. Always choose typefaces from the same family and limit their usage throughout the text.
- Space is the key. Give your text enough room to breathe and make your overall composition look aerated. Do not overcrowd letters unless you are making a statement. Use letter spacing to cover dead space or align the text, but make sure you have enough room left. You want your text to be easily read and make sure your letters are not too crowded.
- Use a limited color scheme. Colors can have the tendency of distracting the user from the content of a text, thus, if you truly want your message to be seen, make sure to appeal to a limited color scheme. This should include up to 3 primary colors and other additional 3 secondary ones that can be contrasting or complementary. You can use different color tones to underline key words or messages.
- Match the colors with your design. Sticking to the color scheme previously approached, another tip for good web design content is to match the colors with your design. If you want to overwrite something on an image depicting a sea or an ocean, for example, it is best to use a similar color scheme including shades of blue, aqua blue, mint, turquoise or white. Remember, harmony makes the text easy to read and understand.
- Fix colors. Colors fully saturated look vivid and brighter, which may enhance the apparel of your web design. Play with colors, shapes and contrasts and create at least two variations for the same image before posting it. Then, choose the one that suits your web style the most.
- Alignment rules. Unless you want your text to be hectic and easily misinterpreted, use a certain form of alignment that will instantly educate your readers to start from somewhere. A vertical line placed left of the text will inbox the composition and provide a certain type of neatness and rigor.
- Illustrate information using easy shapes and graphs. According to studies, most information that is worth remembering can be depicted with a simple graph or a shape. This way you will easily remember names, figures and numbers and also create an original design.