Kitchen is the most important part of your home, in the same way kitchen sinks are the most important part of your kitchen. Luxurious kitchen sinks can make your kitchen look decorative, classy and elegant in looks and make your cooking and cleaning part easy. Kitchen sink adds surely value to your kitchen. There are many types of kitchen sinks available to choose from. Some of its popular types are mentioned below:
- Stainless steel: Stainless steel is one of the most popular materials used in making of kitchen appliances and apparatus. Stainless steel is well known for its qualities such as durability, clean finish and looks. Stainless steel kitchen sinks are the toughest and can bear any kind of damage involved in washing. Heavier stainless steel sinks cause less noise and has less chances of denting.
- Cast iron: Cast iron is considered as the oldest materials used in manufacturing of these kitchen sinks, however it is still very popular in many countries. Cast iron sinks use a heavy coating of porcelain enamel which gives the sink a bright glossy finish which attracts many house owners to buy it. Cast iron is very tough in nature and can last for decades.
- Composite: Composite sinks are manufactured by using a combination of crushed granite or quartz mixed with resin fillers. A material is produced by combining the mixture which bears all the qualities of Granite and quartz together. Composite sinks are made from using these mixtures and are very tough in nature. These sinks don’t require any maintenance and they are long lasting.
- Fireclay: Fireclay sinks are made using ceramic clay molded in a shape that it forms a sink shape. Then this sink shaped clay is allowed to dry for sometime at high temperature. As the clay dries completely, the porcelain enamel is applied all over it. Then this porcelain applied sink is again exposed to high temperature so that the porcelain enamel can fuse with the clay which increases the strength of both the materials.
- Acrylic: Acrylic kitchen sink is the cheapest kitchen sink of them all. Acrylic kitchen sinks are made of hard plastic coated with fiber glass shaped in a way to form a kitchen sink. These kitchen sinks are very smooth and easy to clean and are stain resistant. These kitchen sinks are also light weighted but they are not tolerant to higher temperature as they are made of plastic.